Thursday, February 01, 2007

Day I Forget - Apologies!

Confession: after looking at the sad, crumply mess my first plush was, I got disheartened. I still haven't touched it since the last post.

I'm saving money for a sewing machine, my mother said she would help me buy, because I can read all the material I want, but it's nothing compared to actually sitting down and seeing it all in practice.

I have great faith that a sewing machine is something I can and will need to use. I just sit at work and stare into space and think of all the beautiful patchwork and plushies I'll be making. Pretty sad, I know. I really want to go and buy a sewing machine today! right now! but I have other stuff to do, like fix up the apartment. Only 4 months until Sian comes to stay, and the place needs to be tip-top before then. Sigh.

I've bought two more books! They are:

1. Fabric Art Journals: Making, Sewing, and Embellishing Journals from Cloth and Fibers
This is a really beautiful book, and something extremely appealing for me because I absolutely am addicted to notebooks, journals and the like. Basically if it's got a cover and blank pages, I'm there. I'm the same with organisers. Blissss.

2.
The Impatient Patchworker: 20 Great Projects You Can Make in a Hurry
Also a beautiful book. I'd eyed it before, but when I saw it advertised on a craft blog, I knew it had to be mine. Plus, the chances that Hong Kong get all the good craft books are pretty slim, so whenever I get the chance, I'm there.

I now remember the name of the other book I bought a while ago. It is:
-- New Complete Guide to Sewing: Step by Step Techniques for Making Clothes and Home Accessories
Except I'm pretty sure it was published by DK and it doesn't have the word "new" in it. So... that's probably not my book. But doesn't it look pretty?

I tried out Western Market yesterday, too! By the time I got there around 3/4 of the shops had already closed, but I still managed to find some beautiful fabric. And for cheap! I will definitely try to get my ass down there again soon. Still have to try Sham Shui Po.

I think that's it for now.

No comments: